CENTRAL GROUND WATER BOARD
Bhu-Jal News - is a Scientific Journal of Central Ground Water Board with the objective to disseminate information to user community and highlight various issues & activities and latest technical advances in the field of Ground Water. It is published quarterly. The journal is widely circulated to central and state govt organizations, institutes, universities and user agencies etc. It includes scientific and technical paper in Ground Water domain, highlights of activities taken up by CGWB as well as other organization, technical notes, news item etc.
Special issues have been published from time to time as below:-
- Ground Water Pollution, April-June,1990
- Ground Water Statistics, Jan-Mar,1991
- Central Ground Water Authority, Jul –Dec, 1997
- Conjunctive Use Studies, Jan – Jun, 1999
- Millennium Issue, Jan- June, 2000
- Ground Water Geophysics , Jan-June, 2002
- Ground Water Geophysics , Jan – Dec, 2003
- Rajasthan State, July- Dec,2005
- Uttaranchal State, Jan- Dec 2006.
- West Bengal State, Jan- March 2009
- Arsenic in Ground Water in India, April- September 2009.
- Transboundary Aquifer System( Silver Jubilee publication-I), Jan- June 2010
Silver Jubilee Publication-II was published as Special Issue on Application of Remote Sensing, GIS & Mathematical Modelling in Ground Water. i.e Volume No.25, Number -2&3 and Vol-26, 1-4(combined). The content of the issue is as follows
A GIS Approach to Morphometric Analysis of Damodar River Basin and Groundwater Potentiality Mapping in Jharia Coalfield.
B. C. Sarkar
Groundwater Management – Role of Ground Water Modeling.
Sujit Kumar Sinha,
Application of Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System in Groundwater Resource Management: A Case Study from Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir.
K. Babu Govindha Raj, Paritosh Singh Chauhan and S.K. Subramanian
Application of Remote Sensing and GIS Techniques for Hydrogeological Investigations in Amarja Nala Watershed, Gulbarga District, Karnataka State, India
D. P. Reddy
Application of Remote Sensing in Water Quality and Water Resources Management – An Overview
D.Bagchi & R.Bussa
Groundwater Management in Palla Well Field of Delhi Using Numerical Modeling Technique - A Case Study.
Shashank Shekhar and S V N Rao
Identification of Suitable Area For Artificial Recharge of Ground Water in Chhattisgarh State .
Arunangshu Mukherjee, J.R.Verma and Dinesh Tewari
Numerical Modelling of Contaminant Migration from Najafgarh Drain, South West Delhi
Rajesh Chandra, S.K.Sinha & A.K.Sinha
Delineation of Groundwater Potential Zones In An Around Sinnar Area, Nasik District Using Remote Sensing And GIS Techniques
Venugopalan Nair, Nitin Gupta and Ashish Sharma
Watershed Based Ground Water Quality Studies Using Geo-Informatics in Mahendergarh District, Haryana
Arya,V.S, Saini Aakash, Hardev Singh & Hooda,R.S.
The constitution of Editorial Board of Bhujal News are as follows:-
Name & Designation
Position in Editorial Board
Chairman , CGWB
Member (SML), CGWB
Member (SAM) CGWB
Member (ED&MM), CGWB
Dr Saumitra Mukherjee, Professor & Head, Department of Geology & Remote Sensing, School of Environmental Sciences, J.N.U, New Delhi
Dr S.K.Jain, Superintending Hydrogeologist, CGWB, HQ, Faridabad
Dr S.Shekhar, Scientist-B, CGWB, HQ, Faridabad
Please write to the Editor, Bhujal News, Central Ground Water Board, Bhujal Bhawan, NH-IV, Faridabad, or mail to email@example.com
Special issues on Aquifer Mapping.
Recent Issues of Bhu-Jal News
- Bhu-Jal News, Volume 24, No. 1, Jan-March, 2009
- Bhu-Jal News, Volume 24, No. 2 & 3, April-September, 2009
- Bhu-Jal News, Volume 24, No. 4, Oct-Dec, 2009
- Bhu-Jal News, Volume 25, No. 1&2, Jan-June, 2010
- Bhu-Jal News, Volume 25, No. 3&4, July & Dec, 2010 and Volume 26, No. 1 & 4, Jan-Dec, 2011